Can I Qualify For Disability Benefits With A Mental Health Condition?
Qualifying for disability benefits because of a physical disability is not an easy task. Even if a doctor acknowledges your disability, you still need to prove that your disability meets the Social Security Administration’s threshold. Unfortunately, establishing a mental disability to qualify you for disability benefits can be even harder.
Here at Disability Attorney Services, we know how hard the struggle to earn mental disability benefits can be. We have spent decades helping our clients secure the income they need to live with their disability. Our years of service have taught us how a variety of mental disabilities can impact someone.
The Effects Of Mental Disabilities
In order to earn benefits for your mental disability, you need to prove how the illness affects your life. We are familiar with a wide array of mental disorders, including:
- PTSD – An illness that plagues a victim with irrational bouts of fear, anger and paranoia. Regular stress on the brain can inhibit a person’s ability to function properly.
- Anxiety – Uncontrolled anxiety can riddle a person with panic attacks, breathing issues, heart palpitations and migraines. These symptoms can entirely block any ability to work an earned income.
- Depression – The physical impact of depression on the brain can change the way the brain performs. Depression can result in someone experiencing difficulty thinking, memory issues, sleep or eating problems, and anxiety.
- Bipolar disorder – This illness can leave a brain significant challenges. A person suffering from this can experience trouble with problem-solving, planning and memory.
- Schizoaffective disorder – This disorder can disrupt a person’s speaking ability, eliminate the sensation of joy or pleasure, increase apathy, and even impede the ability to express emotions.
We understand how a mental disorder can affect someone. We also know how to establish the severity of these and other illnesses in the Social Security Administration’s eyes.
Let Us Help
Pursuing disability benefits is hardly an easy task. If you need help pursuing the funds you need, rely on our experience to assist you.